Newsletter - August 2019

8/20/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 08/20/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002


 

July 23, Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President, Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, George Laverick, Kevin Lilly, and Rick Fowler.

Minutes

Minutes of the June 25, 2019 meeting were approved as distributed.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by by George Laverick. Current membership is 320.

Armorer's Report

There are no changes in status of the Club firearms.

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. The range is in good condition. There does not appear to be any further erosion. The grass is getting tall. There is still a problem with the video on the pistol ranges; the owner of Aiken Systems he will get out there this week to check it out. One of the steel targets on the right pistol range has a lot of damage to the support post; it appears someone has been hanging targets on the post which is not permitted.

 

Old Business

 

Plate Rack: Chuck Novak and Jim Samsel continue to run tests to determine the best way to solve the ricochet/splatter problem. In solving the problem of bullets leaving the range, we inadvertently "amplified" the splatter problem by using steel baffles.

First Aid Kits: The first aid kits have been replaced. The old cases will be refurbished and re-labeled to house "bullet wound trauma kits". One will be placed on each range.

 

Range Safety Officers: George Laverick has contacted the NRA and determined that the student packets we have are still good. We have 6 packets.


 

New Business

 

Tom Gillis: Member Tom Gillis died on July 3, 2019. Our condolences to his family and friends. Tom was always available when we needed help at the range and was a Range Safety Officer.

 

Steel Target Shooting: General Range Rule OPS.7 requires the shooter to be 15 yards from any steel target. This is correct for handguns, but is far too close for center fire rifles. The rule needs to be amended to set the limit at 100 yards for center fire rifles.

 

Orientation: Chuck Novak suggested that all members who have not gone through an orientation be required to do so. After discussion, it was determined that this was not practical and probably would not achieve the desire result.

 

Target Stands: Some target stands have disappeared, and many have been damaged. Chuck Novak proposed that we build another batch. The Executive Committee decide to get an accurate count of how many usable stands are actually available before making a final decision.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 7:27 PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.

Respectfully,


 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - July 2019

7/19/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 07/19/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002


 

June 25, Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President, Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, George Laverick, Roger Ward, Kevin Lilly, and Rick Fowler.

Minutes

Minutes of the May 28, 2019 meeting were approved as distributed.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by by Roger Ward. Current membership is 317.

Armorer's Report

There are no changes in status of the Club firearms.

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. Condition of the range is generally good. Some trash had been blown around during recent storms. New safety rules signs have been installed. Plate rack is operational, but protection may be needed to deal with excess splatter. (Note: Since the meeting, the plate rack has been shut down again because splatter caused an injury to a shooter.) Someone has already shot the front baffle above the plate rack. There is some problem with recovering data from the video cameras. Rick Fowler has been in touch with the camera system contractor to try to resolve the issue. Rick reported that there is a bullet hole in the silhouette target at 200 meters; however George Laverick stated that this is old damage from when that target was used on the right pistol range. One of the smaller steel targets at 200 meters has cracked at the hanger point.

 

Old Business

 

First Aid Kits: The first aid kits will be replaced because of age, and trauma kits will be added (one for the pistol ranges and one for the rifle range).

 

Barrels: No activity.

Driving on Rifle Range: No problems observed at this time.

Small Pistol Bays: Jim Samsel and Chuck Novak will survey possible layouts for one or more small pistol bays between the current pistol bays and the rifle range.


 

New Business

 

Excavator: A member has offered the use of his 16,000 lb excavator for use in building the small pistol bays. We would need to pay for removing the excavated dirt. Rick Fowler will follow-up with the member.

 

Target Stand: A member brought a target stand that he had designed to hold cans/plastic bottles and asked if it was acceptable. It is OK as long as he picks up any debris and takes it with him and no glass bottles are used.

 

Rifle Range: Status lights have been installed at the rifle range. RED means the range is HOT. GREEN means COLD. Signage will be added to identify which is which.

 

Range Safety Officers: Most of our RSOs have gone inactive. We need to train a new group and get the program going again. George Laverick and Chuck Novak will work together to set up a mutually agreeable schedule. George will check with the NRA to see if the student packets that we have left from the previous RSO training are still usable or will we have to buy new ones.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 7:31 PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.

Respectfully,


 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - June 2019

6/18/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 06/18/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

 

May 28, Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President, Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, George Laverick, Roger Ward, Kevin Lilly, and Rick Fowler.

Minutes

Minutes of the March 26, 2019 meeting were approved as distributed (No meeting was held in April).

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by by Roger Ward. Current membership is 314.

Armorer's Report

There are no changes in status of the Club firearms.

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. Condition of the range is generally good. There is a minor issue with the security cameras. Every so often, one camera will shut down for a second or two. Rick will work with the contractor to determine the cause.

 

Old Business

 

Plate Rack: Final cutting of steel baffle plates should be completed the coming weekend, then the final installation can be scheduled. (NOTE: Installation was completed on 6/15/19, and the plate rack is now available for use.)

 

Signs: Rick Fowler has obtained the new Safety Rules signs for the range, but he has not yet had an opportunity to install them.

 

First Aid Kits: Replacement/Refurbishment of the first aid kits is still a work in progress.

 

Barrels: No activity.

Driving on Rifle Range: No problem observed at this time.

Erosion: Water flowing through the cut next to the right pistol range is causing some damage along the side of the driveway. Chuck Novak suggested putting a "swell" into the cut.

 

 

New Business

 

Bob Dandridge: Member Bob Dandridge passed away on May 24, 2019. Our condolences to his family and friends.

 

Future Projects: Chuck Novak suggested we need to look at what is needed to build small pistol bays between the current pistol ranges and the rifle range. Chuck also recommended we investigate the feasabilty of putting in permanent bathrooms. Jim Samsel and Chuck Novak will do a preliminary survey/layour for the small pistol bays.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 7:42 PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.

Respectfully,

 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - May 2019

5/14/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 05/14/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

 

April 23, Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

 

The Executive Committee meeting was cancelled due to lack of a quorum.

Lost/Found: About a month ago, a rangefinder was found at the rifle range. The member who found it put it in a "safe" place. It is no longer there. The owner has been identified and would like it back. If you know where the rangefinder is, please contact the Secretary.

Orientation: New member applicant orientations are scheduled for the following dates/times:

Thursday, May 16, 2019, 9:00AM

Saturday, June 8, 2019, 9:00AM

Saturday, July 13, 2019, 9:00AM

Saturday, August 10, 2019, 9:00AM

We still have some openings for new members, so if you know anyone interested in joining, tell them. Also, current members are welcome to attend any orientation at no cost (just let the Secretary know in advance that you will be attending).

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.

Respectfully,

 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

 

 

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - April 2019

4/15/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 04/15/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

 

March 26, Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President, Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, George Laverick, Roger Ward, and Rick Fowler. One member also attended.

Minutes

Minutes of the February 26, 2019 meeting were approved as distributed.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by by Roger Ward. Current membership is 310 (incorrectly reported during meeting as 311).

Armorer's Report

There are no changes in status of the Club firearms.

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. Condition of the range is generally good. Members appear to be cleaning up after themselves. There has been no additional erosion.

 

Old Business

 

Plate Rack: Rick Fowler put out a request for volunteers to tear down the old baffle system. Response was so good, a second email had to be sent to say no more volunteers were needed. When volunteersare needed to install the new system, a notice will be sent out.

 

Intermediate Berms: The Range Committee meeting was totally devoted to the plate rack so action on the berms will again be tabled until after the next Range Committee meeting.

 

Rules Signs: A copy of the General Range Rules is posted on the bulleting board between the pistol ranges. George Laverick will post a copy at the rifle range the next time he is at the range [posted on April13]. Safety Rule signs for the firing lines still have to be ordered.

 

New Business

 

Barrels: two members have offered to get plastic barrels to be used on the range to use a barriers for defensive shooting practice. After discussion, the Executive Committee felt that we could accept the barrels, but only with the condition that they would be kept secured by the Executive Officer and only released for a specific event when a proper safety plan has been submitted.

.22 Range: A member has suggested that the club build a 50ft range limited to .22 caliber firearms. This would be a good place to teach shooting skills to young people without the distraction of heavy caliber firing nearby. The Executive Committee agreed that this would be a great future project, but it is not in the budget for the immediate future. There is a plan for moving the plate rack to a new "steel only" range. When that is complete, the Executive Committee may consider making the right pistol range .22 only.

Plates: The plates on the plate rack have become "dished" and cracked over time. The Executive Committee authorized Roger Ward to buy a new set of plates.

First Aid Kits: A member questioned whether tourniquets should be added to the first aid kits. It was pointed out that the kits have been on the ranges for several years with little or no maintenance. The Committee authorized $300 for refurbishment/replacement of the first aid kits.

Driving on the Range: The issue was raised as to whether or not driving personal vehicles on the rifle range is allowed. After discussion, the Committee decided that members may drive out to change targets at 200 meters, but must be careful not to damage the range. If we see that excessive damage is occurring then the policy will be reconsidered.

A discussion of ways to attract younger members was held as was a discussion of What was required to obtain FONRA grant money.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:58 PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.

Respectfully,

 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

 

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - March 2019

3/21/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 03/21/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

 

February 26, Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President, Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, George Laverick, Roger Ward, Kevin Lilly, and Rick Fowler.

Minutes

Minutes of the January 22, 2019 meeting were approved as distributed.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by by Roger Ward. Current membership is 306.

Armorer's Report

Kevin Lilly reported that there are no changes in status of the Club firearms.

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. Condition of the range is generally good. Stone has been spread on the driveway and along the left side of the driveway to reduce erosion.

 

Old Business

 

Plate Rack: Chuck Novak brought up concerns about the previously considered plans for repairing the plate rack. After discussion, the Committee decided to meet Friday, March 1 at the range to consider alternate designs.

[The committee did meet at the plate rack, did some testing, and measuring, and deveoped a preferred solution. That solution will be implemented on March 30. We hope that we will be able to return the plate rack into service after that date (we will send a notice out when the plate rack can be used again).]

 

 

Intermediate Berms: Action on rifle range is tabled until after the next Range Committee meeting.

 

Motion Detectors: Motion detectors have been added to the video system at the range. This will reduce the number of video records to be scanned to about 3500 per week.

 

New Business

 

Handgun Definition: Our General Range Rules (OPS. 4) allow only "handguns" using standard handgun ammunition on the right pistol range, but do not define what a "handgun" is. Members were observed using questionable firearms on the right pistol range. The Executive Committee voted to change the limitation from "handguns" to "handguns having a barrel length less than 10 inches". Please note: this does not affect the prohibition on non-handgun ammunition. .223 "pistols", etc. are still not permitted.

 

Permitted Ammunition: The General Range Rules (OPS. 7) limit types of ammunition that may be used when shooting at steel targets. The Execuitve Committee voted to ad +P and +P+ to the list of prohibited ammunition when shooting at steel.

 

Rules Signs: The signs at the range are outdated, and need to be replaced. The Safety Rules (SFT) will be posted on a large sign at each range. The Operational (OPS) and Administrative Rules (ADM) will be posted on smaller signs on the bulletin board near the connex and at the rifle range. Members should not take this to mean that the Operational and Administrative rules are not important!

 

The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.

Respectfully,

 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - February 2019

2/20/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 02/20/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

 

January 22, 2019Annual Meeting and Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

 

The Annual meeting was called to order by President, Jim Samsel. Curreent membership as of the meeting was 289. There were not enough members present to constitute a quorum. However, sufficient email votes had been recievied to certify the election of officers for 2019. Officers for 2019 are:

President:                             Jim Samsel

Vice President:               Chuck Novak

Secretary:                             George Laverick

Treasurer:                             Roger Ward

Armorer:                             Kevin Lilly

Executive Officer:               Rick Fowler

The Annual Meeting was adjourned

The Executive Committee meeting was called to order by President Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, George Laverick, Kevin Lilly, and Rick Fowler. Several members were also present.

Minutes

Reading of the minutes of the December 18, 2018 meeting was waived.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by by George Laverick acting for Roger Ward.

Armorer's Report

Kevin Lilly reported that there are no changes in status of the Club firearms.

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. Members appear to be doing a good job of picking up brass, and the range was clean in general. The is still some erosion where water runs off the pistol ranges and down the driveway toward the rifle range. The range comittee is considering how to fix the plate rack ricochet issue. Aiken Systems is planning to install motion detectors in the week following the meeting to cut down on false triggering of the security cameras. The range committee is developing a work list for a spring work day.

 

Old Business

Plate Rack: Terry Overstreet expressed concern about whether or not the ricochets heard at the intersection of Kirkland and Old Chalk Bed could have come from somewhere other than the plate rack. George Laverick stated that the Sheriff's Deputy reported hearing pings immediately before hearing the bullets overhead, and rick Fowler reported that the videos showed a shooter at the plate rack (who was not violating any rules). There was no other identifiable source for the ricochets.

New Business

Intermediate Berms: Dennis Eidson pointed out that the intermediate berms on the rifle range need some refurbishment, and the 60 meter berm needs to be widened by about 3 to 4 feet. The range committee wil review the problem.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:23 PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.

Respectfully,

 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - January, 2019

1/19/2019

SRRPC Newsletter 01/19/2019

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

 

December 18, 2018 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

 

The meeting was called to order by President Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Rick Fowler, Roger Ward, George Laverick, and Kevin Lilly.

Minutes

Reading of the minutes of the November 27, 2018 meeting was waived.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by Roger Ward.

Armorer's Report

Kevin Lilly reported that there are no changes in status of the Club firearms.

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. The range is in generally decent condition; however, we are continuing to see erosion from runoff from the right pistol range onto the driveway.

 

Old Business

Camera Update: The only option to reduce the amount of video appears to be using external motion detectors to activate the cameras since the ones in the cameras are too sensitive. The contractor expects to get the materials by the end of the year (2018) and do the install some time after the first of the year.

New Business

Bullets Leaving the Range : On Thursday, December 13, 2018, the Secretary received a phone call from a Sheriff's Deputy investigating a car fire at the intersection of Old Chalk Bed Rd. and Kirkland St. The Deputy reported hearing pings followed by the sound of bullets passing overhead. After investigation by the Secretary and Executive Officer, it was determined that the probable source was the plate rack. Although we have installed a baffle system and berm, it appears that there is still a small window where bullets can escape the range. The Executive Committee decided to shut down the plate rack until we can eliminate this problem.

Website : George Laverick reported that he will be doing an extensive overhaul of the website. It has been based on wordpress, however, the wordpress organization has mad major changes which makes it impractical for us to continue using wordpress. Intent is to go with a content management system called "Typesetter". (Note: changes have been completed, and the new website appears to be working well. Although some locations of information has changed, it is all there except for classified ads. The classified ads were being under-utilized so they have been dropped.)

Renewals : As of the meeting, only about 100 members had renewed for 2019. Members are reminded that renewals are due by December 31, and that if they do not renew by then their keycards will be disabled. If they do not renew by the end of January, their membership will be terminated.

Annual Meeting/Election : The Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 in conjunction with the monthly Executive Committee meeting. Election of Officers will be held. The nominated slate of officers is:

President:                            Jim Samsel

Vice President              Chuck Novak

Secretary                            George Laverick

Treasurer                            Roger Ward

Armorer                            Kevin Lilly

Executive Officer              Rick Fowler

All members are encouraged to attend and express your ideas and opinions about club operations. We will be sending out email ballots early in January. If you can not attend the meeting, please cast your vote by email.

By-laws : George Laverick introduced a proposed amendment to the by-laws to allow the Executive Commitee to appoint a member to sit as a member of the Executive Committee when needed to constitute a quorum. The proposal was defeted.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:52PM.

The Anuual Meeting and Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are encouraged to attend.

Respectfully,

 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - December 2018

12/10/2018

SRRPC Newsletter 12/10/2018

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

November 27, 2018 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Rick Fowler, Roger Ward, George Laverick, Kevin Lilly, and Chuck Novak. One member was also present.

Minutes

Reading of the minutes of the October 23, 2018 meeting was waived.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by Roger Ward.

Armorer's Report

Kevin Lilly reported that there are no changes in status of the Club firearms..

Range Report

The range report was given by Rick Fowler. The range is in generally decent condition; however, we are continuing to see erosion from runoff from the right pistol range onto the driveway.

Old Business

Scout Project: Work on the campsite Eagle Scout Project will probably be rescheduled for February or March.

New Business

Camera Update: The motion detectors on the cameras are too sensitive so they trigger unnecessarily which produces large quantities of video files. The contractor is looking into installing separate motion detectors that have more adjustability to better control the cameras. The camera that was reported as "down" last month is back in operation after rebooting.

Rifle Range Status Lights: The Range Committee has proposed installing Red/Green Status lights at the rifle range to indicate the hot/cold status of the range at an estimated cost of $226. After a short discussion the Executive Committee approved the proposal. Some discussion ensued as to what the colors mean (other ranges are not consistent). This will be researched before final installation.

Workday Incentives: The turnout at the most recent workday was excellent. The Range Committee is discussing incentives that might be used to insure good turnout in the future. No action needed at this time.

Renewals: As of Sunday, 11/25/2018, 54 members have renewed for 2019. If you haven't renewed yet, go to the club website and click the BLUE button to fill out your Renewal Form.

Small Bore Matches: The Executive Committee approved the schedule for the Small Bore Silhouette Matches for 2019 (second Saturday of each month).

 The Executive Committee also voted to wave the annual dues for the Match Director because of the effort he puts in and because the matches actually pay money into the Club treasury each year.

The Executive Committee gave permission to the Match Director to store targets in the end of the rifle range shelter that are secured for use only by shooters authorized by him.

December Meeting: The normal date (4th Tuesday) for the December meeting would fall on Christmas. The December meeting will be scheduled for the 3rd Tuesday (December 18, 2018).

The meeting was adjourned at 7:31PM.

Following the meeting, the Executive Committee met in "closed session" to consider violations of the General Range Rules (observed on video) by a group of shooters on 11/05/2018. As a result of these discussions, one member was suspended pending further investigation.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are encouraged to attend.

Respectfully,

George Laverick, Secretary

Remember to renew before 12/31/2018!

 

Categories Newsletters

Newsletter - November 2018

11/24/2018

SRRPC Newsletter 11/24/2018

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

October 30, 2018 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by President Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Rick Fowler, George Laverick, Kevin Lilly, and Chuck Novak.

Minutes

Reading of the minutes of the September 25, 2018 meeting was waived.

Treasurer's Report

The Treasurer's report was given by George Laverick based on input from Roger Ward.

Armorer's Report

Kevin Lilly reported that there are no changes in status of the Club firearms..

Range Report

Rick Fowler reported that the range is in good shape.

 

Old Business

Rule Violation: The member who was suspended for violating General Range Rule OPS.2 has attended an orientation and has has been reinstated.

Scout Project: Work on the campsite Eagle Scout Projectis still pending.

Work Day: The fire hose needed for supporting steel targets has been donated to the Club (our thanks to the member and his friend responsible), and Roger Ward has replaced the supports on all but the 200 meter target.

New Business

Swap Meet: A member has suggested that the Club sponsor a "swap meet" or "gun show" for club members only. The Executive Committee agrees that it would be a good idea, and has instructed the Secretary to contact that member to see if he would be willing to organize the event.

Dues: The Annual dues for 2019 were set to $125.00 (same as 2018).

Video Surveillance: One of the cameras has failed at the range. It may just need to be rebooted, but if it is defective, it will be replaced under warranty. Some of the equpment needed to upgrade to an NAS system is in, but the contractor has been short-handed due to illness. This will result in a delay getting the upgrade installed.

Erosion: There is some erosion on the left side of the driveway where water is running down from the right pistol range. When the Scout project is ready we will spread crush-n-run and regrade as needed.

Wedding Days: Or neighbors continue to hang signs at our gate asking us to refrain from shooting during certain hours. We have repeatedly asked them to give us advance notice so that we can put the information in the calendar on our website. They have said the would, but never have. This is an inconvenience for members who drive significant distances. Although we want to keep good relations with our neighbors, we have to take the position that, without advance notice, it is at the discretion of the member whether or not to comply with the signs.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:26PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are encouraged to attend.

Respectfully,

 

George Laverick, Secretary

 

 

Categories Newsletters