SRRPC Newsletter 12/16/2017
Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804
NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002
November 28, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 7:06PM by President Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, Roger Ward, Jim Shaver, Kevin Lilly and George Laverick. One member was also present.
The minutes of the October 24, 2017 Executive Committee meeting were read by George Laverick and were accepted as read.
The Treasurer's report was given by Roger Ward. Current membership as of the meeting is 344.
Jim Shaver gave a combined range report for the last two months. Ten RSO reports were filed for September/October. Issues reported were:
- Large quantity of .380 bras found less than 10 yards from steel targets.
- Substantial quantities of .45 and .223 brass were left lying on the floor of the left pistol range shelter.
- First Aid kits need to be refreshed.
- PVC pipe target holders have been shot up with bullets impacting the ground.
- A number of guests are failing to fill out/sign waiver forms.
- Some of gong hangers on rifle range need to be replaced.
- Someone has bolted a piece of steel directly to one of the target posts on the right pistol range.
- Targets too low to ensure hitting the berm continues to be a problem.
- Plate rack deflector needs repair work.
No change to the status of the Club's firearms.
Erosion: Chuck Novak has not yet contacted Joe Ormond to look at the erosion issue. He will try to do so before the next meeting.
Pictures: Jim Samsel needs to get the pictures showing rule violations to George Laverick so we can identify the violators.
Mowing: Dennis Eidson proposed contracting with the club to mow and weed trim for $25/hour if the club provides the equipment or $500/month if he provides the equipment. Discussion followed concerning legal/insurance/tax issues. No action was taken pending further investigation.
Application: Chuck Novak turned in a New Member Application.
Security: Chuck Novak has been looking at video surveillance equipment. Discussion was held about how many cameras might be needed for each firing line. Additional discussion centered around whether or not we would need live streaming or recording for later viewing. The Range Committee will follow up at their next meeting.
December Meeting: The regular date for the meeting (4th Tuesday) would be December 26, the day after Christmas. Several officers would be out of town or involved in other holiday activities. After discussion, it was decided to re-schedule for Tuesday, December 19 at 7:00PM.
Elections: Nominations for officers for 2018 will be accepted at the December meeting. Jim Shaver will not be available to serve as Executive Officer in 2018 so we will definitely need a new candidate for that position.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:47PM.
WARNING: If you have not renewed your membership, you have only two weeks before your club priveliges expire.
The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are welcome to attend.