*P.O. Box 5337- Aiken, SC 29804*
*NRA# C7072- IDPA # C0351- CMP # 37002*
*28/02/10 SRRPC Board Meeting Minutes*
- Present: Jim Samsel, Roger Ward, Terry Overstreet, Joe Podesta, Kevin
Lilly. Visitor: David Weikle.
- Meeting called to order at 7:00 P.M.
- Minutes approved from last meeting as written.
- Treasury report: Healthy Check Book. Club insurance paid for the
year. 97 members paid to date.
- Armory Report: Rifles available.
- Range Report: Range in good shape. Going well. Trees growing. Range
Rules ready to be installed.
- Old Business: Warner Grading estimate- Grand Total $ 8,237.60, order
placed - waiting on start date. Discussion of Range Rules concerning rifles
on pistol ranges - by IDPA attention _ Center fire Rifle cartridges not
allowed. Motion by Terry O. "Revise Range Rules for Pistol Bays- 'No Center
fire Rifle Cartridges allowed. Range to allow pistol caliber carbine. No
magnum center fire pistol cartridges in Carbines." Second by Joe P. Motion
- Nomination Committee: Kevin L. nominated David Weikle for Executive
Officer. Accepted nomination.
- Joe P. nominated Kevin Lilly for Secretary. Accepted nomination.
- Additional Officer Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at
the March Business meeting.
- New Business: Friends Of The NRA (FONRA) Event is Scheduled for April
22, 2010 at the Aiken Shrine Club - Contact Kevin at (803) 663-0590 for
tickets and additional information.
*Membership Meeting will be held March 28, 2010 at the Aiken Shoneys at 7:00
P.M. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Officer Nominations will be
accepted from the floor.*
- Jim S. moved to adjourn at 8:25 P.M. - Roger W. seconded.
All-in-favor. Meeting adjourned.
*-Coming Gun Shows:*
* - 3/20 & 21 - Columbia (State Fair) 770-267-0989*
*-Coming Elections: Their positions on our 2nd Amendment Rights:*
*U.S. House of Representatives*
*- Dr. Mike Vasovski*
*" IF THE FOUNDERS SAID IT THEY MEANT IT"*
*NO TAXES ON AMMUNITION*
*NO BAN ON HANDGUNS*
*NO BAN ON ASSAULT RIFLES*
*NO BAN ON CONCEALED CARRY*
*NO BAN ON YOUR PROTECTION!*
*TELL WASHINGTON, '' IT'S THE CONSTITUTION, STUPID!"*
*Dr. Mike Vasovski will be speaking at Odell Weeks Park on Wed., 03/24/10 at
*On The Issues*
*Our founding fathers made it clear-they wanted us to be able to defend
ourselves. That is why we have the Second Amendment and why it must be
protected. The Second Amendment is not just about being able to bag a buck
or a duck; it is about keeping our fundamental freedoms alive and well
for future generations. I am proud to support the Second Amendment. I not
only have an "A" rating from the NRA, but I also have a concealed weapons
permit. I have fought day in and day out for the rights of gun owners in
the South Carolina General Assembly and for our right to bear arms in the
State of South Carolina.*
*Rex Rice will be speaking to us at our March 28 meeting at Shoney's.*
*"My position on the 2nd Amendment is simple and straight forward: We have
a GOD given RIGHT to protect ourselves; the 2nd Amendment only acknowledges
that right that we already possess. Actions speak louder than words--I'm a
member of the NRA and have a CWP, as do all the members of my family."*
*Bill Taylor is a candidate for the South Carolina State House, Dist 86,
Aiken County. House District 86 covers about two-thirds of Aiken County
surrounding the city of Aiken on the northeast, east, and south and includes
Cedar Creek, New Ellenton, SRS, Monetta, Montmorenci, Williston and a
portion of Woodside Plantation.*
*GOP Candidate, SC House District 86*
*--Don't forget to attend our March 28 meeting and volunteer or nominate for
any officer position. Be an active member of our growing club!*
*Henry E. Krippner,*