February 11, 2010
P.O.Box 5337-Aiken, SC 29804
NRA#C7072- DPA#C0351- CMP#37002
SRRPC Board of Directors Meeting
- Meeting called to order at Shoney's at 7 p.m. Officers present: Jim Samsel, Roger Ward, Joe Podesto, Terry Overstreet, and Kevin Lilly.
- Treasury Report: 52 members renewed as of 01/22/2010. Treasury in good shape.
- Range Report: Plants/Trees/Shrubs are in place at the Boundary line. Range rules are ready to be installed.
- Armory Report: No change. Rifles are available for loan.
- Old Business: Range rules (when posted) as written. Drainage at pistol ranges- Estimate from Warner Grading Company... Questions presented via email discussion were addressed with responses from Warner Grading Company...Terry proposed to accept proposal using 2' X 2' X 2' boxes and bury 15" pipe under roadway and use crush and run for road repair. As noted; Left side $ 5,499.40, Right side $ 2,738.20 for a total of $ 8,237.60 for drainage repair. Motion made by Terry, second by Joe and unanimous vote for repair as bid proposed. APPROVED! Terry will request start date as to notify membership for impacts for this work activity.
- New Business: Discussion for future concrete pads to be poured at pistol bay firing lines and target holders for general membership use. Discussion to allow Basic Firearms ONE-ON-ONE training by CWP Trainer for range use by acceptance by Executive Officers. Aiken Friends of the NRA date set for APRIL 22, 2010 at the Aiken Shrine Club. More details to follow at a later date.
* Elections for Board of Directors in the month of March- Presented by the nominations committee- Membership is encouraged to attend. Anyone willing to run for office will be welcomed. Need volunteer for Secretary office.
Combination to the gate lock will be changed on February 13, 2010- Please remember to pay your dues to keep from getting locked our of the Range.
- Motion to adjourn by Terry, second by Joe. All in favor. Meeting ended at 8:05 p.m.
Henry E. Krippner,
-Coming Gun Shows:
2/20 & 22 in Charleston 770-267-0989
3/6 & 7 Columbia (Jamil) 803-463-9377
3/20 & 21 Columbia (State Fair) 770-267-0989